International Commission on Cyber Security Law is a specialized organization founded by Dr. Pavan Duggal to deal with the legal nuances,and connected aspects, issues and challenges that govern the cyber security ecosystem as a whole.
The International Commission on Cyber Security Law is a thought leader in cyber security jurisprudence and aims to provide leadership on evolving and emerging issues pertaining to Cyber Security law. It recognizes the significance of Cyber Security Law, in the absence of international collaborative efforts on cyber security legalities by various state and non-state actors.
In fact, as on date, there are no international treaties on cyber security law. The lack of international governance or regulatory regimes on cyber security has exposed the Internet to various illegal activities and criminal designs. The advent of the darknet has introduced new challenges for the world.The Commission works to bridge the gaps in international governance and legal regimes pertaining to cyber security. It works with and provides guidance to the various governments to come up with adequate policies concerning Cyber Security and to help utilize the internet to its maximum capacity.
The aims and objectives of the International Commission on Cyber Security Law are as follows:
- To promote the growth of jurisprudence of Cyber Security Law
- To engage in various research-based activities that examine cutting-edge legal trends concerning the growth of Cyber Security law.
- To engage in capacity building exercises to generate more awareness about the legalities concerning Cyber Security law.
- To work with other international organizations so as to provide a comprehensive platform for the collective international wisdom, and exchange of knowledge, information and collation of international best practices with respect to Cyber Security law and make them available to the relevant stakeholders.
- To author reports, papers and explore, examine and analyze the emerging area of Cyber Security law.
- To collate various cases and case studies that have happened in different parts of the world, the learnings from which can help further push the development of jurisprudence of Cyber Security law.
- To assist nation states in their national endeavours concerning Cyber Security legislation and subordinate legislations by providing professional expertise in this regard.
- To monitor and work on emerging, cutting-edge issues pertaining to different aspects of Cyber Security law at a global level and introduce important learnings and trends emerging in the context of various topics of Cyber Security law.
- To assist state and non-state actors in their various initiatives towards bilateral and multilateral arrangements and understandings on issues pertaining to protection and preservation of Cyber Security, including Cyber Security law.
- To conduct workshops, conferences and events on issues and aspects pertaining to Cyber Security law.
- To provide #legal expertise concerning matters of Cyber Security law including providing legal support and assistance to entities, in respect of their Cyber Security law initiatives and ventures.
- To do all other activities which will be relevant and necessary for the purposes of achieving the various aims and objectives of the Commission.