The NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA PROTECTION took place on 28th September, 2023 from 9.00 am to 12.30 pm IST at Seminar Hall-1, 2 & 3, India International Centre, 40 Max Mueller Marg, New Delhi, organized by Cyberlaws.Net (www.cyberlaws.net) and Pavan Duggal Associates, Advocates (www.pavanduggalassociates.com).
The theme of the National Conference is “Data Protection For Companies, Boards And CXOs – What You Must Know”. This Conference was aimed to demystify the nuances, technicalities and complexities of the Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023 (DPDP Act, 2023) from the perspective of corporates, their boards/top managements and their CXO level officials.
The DPDP Act, 2023 is a game changing legislation and aims to irreversibly change the colour and texture of data firmament in the country. This legislation suddenly has caught everybody’s attention as it has stipulated unprecedented fines. The fine of 250 crore rupees as statutory fine under the said Act suddenly comes as a wakeup call for all corporate entities.
In this regard, the National Conference on Data Protection covered the following:-
- Nuances, technicalities and complexities of the Digital Personal Data Protection Act, 2023;
- Legal processes and approaches under the DPDP Act, 2023;
- Legal strategies to be adopted by companies to ensure compliances and to prevent exposure from fines upto 250 crore rupees;
- Technical measures and strategies that companies need to adopt for data protection;
- DPDP Act, 2023 and its interplay with other laws;
- How to protect companies and their top managements from exposure to fine and also other accompanying legal liability under the applicable laws;
- Interactive discussions amongst the participants to clarify doubts and confusions about different aspects of DPDP Act, 2023;
- These and variety of other issues were discussed at the National Conference on Data Protection.